Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Welcome to my art blog!




Welcome to the natashart blog! I am creating this blog the week before the beginning of TOAST, the Tribeca Open Artist Studio Tour, for visitors to preview some of my newest work on paper before coming to visit my studio.

Days and Hours of TOAST:
I will be opening my studio this Friday, April 27 from 6-8pm, Saturday, April 28 from 1-7pm and Sunday, April 29 from 1-6pm.
(Official weekend TOAST hours are 1-6pm. On Sat. evening I will extend hours to 7pm and have a small "party" in my studio from 5-7pm with wine and some refreshments for friends to enjoy!
For more info on TOAST, go to:
http://www.toastartwalk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl
and for my statement and images on their website:
http://www.toastartwalk.com/cgi-bin/artist.pl?aid=315

This year my focus for TOAST is to show new work: new oil paintings from the Flowers series which I have been working on for the past year and a half, and new works on paper, a series of "abstract" meditative drawings that are reminiscent of fantasy landscapes/cityscapes, of which this image above is an example. The other focus is a sale on older work, whose prices will be 100$ and lower, ranging between about $20 and $100. New work will be priced higher than this...

I hope to see you all this weekend and please feel free to comment on the images. I will be posting quite a few daily until Friday...

The above images were done this month, inspired by drawings I made on a recent trip to New Mexico. The first one was created on the trip. They are both Untitled, mixed media on paper: ink, acrylic, gouache, pencil, pen...

No comments: