Thursday, May 15, 2008

Inner Landscape: First Painting with Drawing

This painting/collage is a work in progress, still unfinished. I started it with the intention of making a self-portrait as I do every year on my birthday and tried to put my baby in the picture as well. When I decided it was not working, I did my birthday self-portrait on a smaller canvas and reworked this canvas to be another collage inner landscape. I left it for at least a month and then, after working on many of the new drawings shown here where I was using the stapler and putting together two or three drawings and then turning them into one, one day, I think it was April 21, I had a very special moment, one of those exciting moments during a series that I remember as a turning point. I suddenly had the impulse to take one of the new layered drawings and staple it onto the canvas that I still had not finished. I got very excited about this new development and then my big stapler stopped working, so I left it to continue later. I have not yet worked more on this peice but I see it as yet another layering in the evolution of this Inner Landscape series. I will write about my observations about the latest evolutions in the next post...
Size of canvas: 12 inches by 36 inches


No comments: